What Does Extra Work Involve?
If you are ready for a break from your everyday life, the film & television world is alive with make believe. Becoming a policeman, doctor, nurse, shopper or maybe even an alien for the day. One day you could be dressed as a peasant in the 1800's the next you could be a detective at a crime scene.
So what is an Extra ?
- An Extra is a person who works in the background on a film, television show or a commercial. An extras job is to make the scene realistic & believable to the audience and to provide atmosphere to the scene.
- Could you imagine a big elaborate wedding with only the main cast & no guests? A Bar with no patrons? Or a hospital with no patients, doctors, orderlies or nurses?
- Extras are not required to speak but are often asked to pretend to speak or perform a little to make the scene more realistic, e.g. an extra playing a student maybe asked to pretend to take notes or put books in a locker then walk down the corridor pretending to talk to another student.
Can I Be An Extra ?
- Extras come in all looks, shapes, sizes, nationalities and ages. PGs Extras range from 3 years old to grandparents and great grandparents. Extras are used in film & television to represent real people.
- Extras need to be 100% reliable, punctual and professional at all times. Extras work can be anywhere at any time. It helps if you have a car or a fantastic knowledge of the public transport system.
- You also need to be quite flexible as the majority of extras work falls on week days. So if you work part-time, casually or are a shift worker this could be just the thing for you.
If you wish to know any further information or wish to book an interview time please don't hesitate to call us on (02) 9773 1666.